Courses & Training
Click on a course to find out more Open Course In-House Training
Managing Equality & Diversity (BDB105) In-House Training
In this course we will explore anti-discrimination legislation and identify unfair practices, enabling delegates to manage diversity issues and promote diversity in the work environment.
Course Duration: 1 day
Managers and staff who wish to increase their knowledge of Equality and Diversity issues within the work place.
To equip Managers with the knowledge and skills required to manage a Diverse workforce and seek strategies that promote equality and value diversity.
By the end of the course, delegates will able to:
- Identify what is meant by diversity.
- Recognize the difference between prejudice and discrimination.
- Determine the connection between values, beliefs and behaviours.
- Explore equality legislation and the equality duty that underpins diversity practices in the workplace.
- Demonstrate managerial responsibilities to challenge discrimination, using challenging unacceptable behaviour techniques and managing conflict tools.
- Assess the impact of discrimination on staff and the working environment.
- Ascertain their role as managers in relation to promoting good practice in equal opportunities and diversity and challenging discrimination.
- Explore the benefits of promoting a diverse workforce and positive action strategies in recruitment, progression and retention.
- Gain skills to carry out Policy Equality Statement on policies, projects, processes and key functions.
- Identify solutions to manage diversity issues in the workplace.
- Assess the impact of bullying and harassment on the individuals.
- Apply intervention strategies that promote equality and diversity in the workplace.
This course will raise the delegates’ awareness of diversity and equality issues within the workplace and equip delegates with the knowledge skills and attitude to manage a diverse workforce.
Course fee per delegate:
- In-house courses: P.O.A
- Maximum number of delegates 16.